And the countdown begins!

Friday, August 24, 2007

Store #572

If you look around, you'll noticed a sudden mushroom-ing activity of 7-11 stores throughout Malaysia.

You are bound to see a 7-11 store anywhere from a petrol station right up to a small kucik town along the road.

And for a while now, I've been toying with this idea of going to every 7-11 stores that I come across and taking a picture of it, as part of my travelling journal.

You see, partly due to the fact I'm caught up hill most of the time, the urge to explore places is high and in order to keep dates interesting, I often come up with places, often hypermarkets, that we've never been before as an activity to explore and spend time together.

And I have noticed that there are 7-11s almost every where we go! That's where I got an idea of 7-11 travelling log/journal to capture the places that I've been to.

Well, of course I've missed many opportunities prior to having this idea, but it never hurts to start now right? How this works? Well, basically, the idea is to go into that 7-11 store and buy one item and capture a picture in front of the store with the purchase.

Easy right? Though things are slightly more expensive, the fun is to buy something like an ice cream or a drink and to take a picture of it. Since 7-11s are now found in the most unconventional place, how else will you get a chance to explore those roadside shops that you pass oh-so-frequently but never walked to it???

And do you know, apparently, according to their website, there are now 890 stores around Malaysia???

So to kick start things off, when Des and I went for a short trip to PD, we took our first picture of store #572


Address: No: 11, Jln Mahajaya, Port Dickson Centrepoint, 71000 PD, N.S.
Purchase: One bottle of Lipton Ice Tea
Price: Forgot liao (must remember to put price)

And the obligatory picture.

I know its a bit dark, but its midnight and I only have my camera phone!

For the flash to be close enough to capture my face, the 7-11 logo will be hidden!

Hopefully, next time we'll be more prepared! Hehehe


One down, 799 more to go!

No comments: