And the countdown begins!

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sudden fear

Suddenly, it all looks so scary...

Obviously we overlook a lot of other things, one being monetary. We have now the very minimum amount put aside, but we have absolutely nothing left for the other stuff. Such as buying toiletries, fixing up things, bills to settle.

Nothing.

Job prospect is hanging at the moment and accomodation is still a huge issue. My plans to pay my bills in advance looks bleak. Heck, I dont even KNOW what I'll survive on next month!

Not only we've leaving everything behind for a road of uncertainties, I'm afraid that we wont have enough to SETTLE everything before we could move on.

Without settling the past, we will have no choice but to drag it along into the future. And what future do we have if we've bogged down by the past???

Des and many people says that I worry too much. But if you see what I see, wont you too???

Have we made a wrong choice?

I think it has come to a point where we'd rather risk and travel the road of uncertainties than to walk the road of insecurities. Afterall, even if we didnt make it, we'll still be back in the road of insecurities, the ORIGINAL road that we're destine to take. Nothing to lose right? We're young, and we both know very well that if we dont take this opportunity now, we'll never go about doing it.

At the very least, we'll still have each other.

So far, responses has been very good and everyone was very supportive so far, regardless whether its real or not. Except for one particular incident, but I will brush it aside because I dont think a person who left his own family to tend for themselves while he went to another country to work has the right to tell ME not to leave mine.

I always believe that there is an expensive way to do things, and also the less expensive way to do things. And I still hold on to what she said, that life has a funny way to help us to survive. I certainly hope so.

Des mentioned that he read somewhere 2008 is good for travelling for us this year. An indication of good things to come?

Perhaps.

Perhaps, I do worry too much. Worst come to worst, we could always walk back to where we came from. A high price to pay, but I've yet to hear stories about people needing to walk back. Besides, arrogance will not get us anywhere.

Well, at the very least, we could tell people that we've been there, done that. We may need to start from scratch, and our family may never be as comfortable as our parents, but I think we can make it happen.

Yes, I think we've made the right choice.

No comments: