And the countdown begins!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Paris Hilton (Part 2)

With regards of what I wrote earlier on a few days ago, about being lucky but not perfect. Many people tend to only see the good side of the story. Pretty much on the "grass is greener on the other side" statement.

You know what I've learn from reading the Paris Hilton book? Or why I read any of these books by celebrities? Its because helps me see that life on the "other luckier side", and to help me see that life is not that perfect either.

Many a times, I know I rattle on too much about the little little minute things in my life when most of it is in place anyway. You see, again, what you see is only the perfect side. The dark and horrible things that have happen to me is never shown or told. And this is always a reminder to myself whenever I find myself getting irritated over these things, that there is ALWAYS another side of the coin that I do not know about, and probably explains why certain people does things their way.

Again, what do I learn from the Paris Hilton book? That I'm in some ways luckier than her because I could go and get drunk and make a fool of myself without anyone giving a damn, and that she couldnt get out of the house without spending time dolling up else the world will critizise on her makeup free look.

In that book, I spotted one bad picture of her. Bad as her face is pale and red and blotchy and looks nothing like her. Now, I dont know why that picture made it into the book, but it does suddenly make me realized that RM90 (initially I quoted the book to be at RM109) is worth it.

I need to read books such as this to constantly remind myself how lucky I am but it doesnt mean that I should be arrogant in anyway.

But then again, people read blogs/books/articles about how horrible their lives are, not how sugary and flowery it is. Sugary and flowery people irritates me because they live in the world that is sweet and perfect and they whine everytime things doesnt go the perfect way.

But then of course, if the sugary and flowery people has experience horrible experience before, then it makes them just like everyone else :)

And the second lesson learnt from the book?

Is to "always tell everyone what they want to hear. Then do what you want."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wіll гіght aωay clutсh youг rss feed aѕ I can
not tо finԁ youг е-mаil subscription hypeгlinκ or е-neωsletter serviсe.
Dо yоu hаve any? Κindly permit
me rеcognise іn ordеr that I may subscгibe.
Thanκs.

Feel fгee to ѵіsit my wеbрage; leather wedding rings

Anonymous said...

I know thіs if off topіc but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is required to get set up? I'm assumіng hаving
a blog like yourѕ wοuld cost
a ρretty penny? Ι'm not very internet savvy so I'm not 100% certain. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Feel free to surf to my web-site ... Latest SEOPressor