And the countdown begins!

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Cover your backside.

Coming back to the dead cat's story, i noticed that there is a similarity with both the incidents.

The first time it happened, I noticed a drastic change in my working approach. The change was very sudden and just the matter of days.

Since young, Ive always have stage fright, and whenever I'm required to speak in public, my knees goes weak and my voice shakes. Especially when its a round-the-table discussion, I always plan ahead on what I'm going to say, and that also it has to be thought carefully. Often, when I'm finally done constructing the sentence in my mind, the topic would have long gone.

But after that incident, talking up front is suddenly no longer a problem. My knees no longer shake, and instead of wasting time thinking and putting together my thoughts, I find myself just speaking my mind and talking out loud. Suddenly, my tolerance level went down the drain, and I am quick to anger, and I find it hard to tolerate incompetency. Suddenly, I find myself talking and controlling meetings, heading presentations, showing temper and shouting, and not to mention, MC-ing a function without much thought, something I would never thought I could do.

Cause I still remember how badly my knee shake during my interview in a position with this place.

Now, just a few days ago, again, I sense a sudden and drastic change in my attitude again. I procastinate less (in terms of urgent things lah, others not THAT drastic yet), and find myself rushing others to get it done. For others, it would seems as if i'm overly concerned and cowardly, but after that incident, I suddenly find myself getting sick and tired of excuses. Yes means yes, no means no lah. And wasting time dwelling on issues seems unnecessary.

Sometimes, people forget and lost plot down the way. I find myself very protective, and I will go all out just to make sure I'm "protected", making sure my path is covered with valid reasons.

Cause I'm on my own.

And I hate to see history repeat itself.

Lesson #3 Cover your backside.

No comments: