And the countdown begins!

Friday, September 22, 2006

22/09/06

I feel like a hypocrite sometimes…

We talked about friends who applied for married quarters after they registered their marriage,
And here I am, wishing I could do the same.

We talked about friends who were very “supportive” of their bosses,
And here I am, where people only reply to my emails after they found out who I report to.

We talked about friends who were eating way too much that is dangerous to their health,
And here I am, eating fried mushrooms, fried chickens, fried pancake, fried noodles and ice-cream sitting on a pavement next to a drain for dinner!

We talked about friends who cannot spend time with us just because they want to be with their other half,
And here I am, spending the whole week after work with him and not any other friends.

Hmm… No, I don’t feel like a hypocrite sometimes. In fact, I am one! :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hypocrites.. that is wat we all are. I feel like that, at a lot of times.

We like to say things to make ourselves look better than others and sometimes the very thing we stood against we fall and be the target of our own words.

At times I wish I could crawl into a hole, and hide myself so people would never be able to point a finger at me.

I wonder why I cant just be brave enough to stand up for my changes. People change, I change, you change... at all times.

Dragonballfan said...

I'd like to think that one of the first steps to recovery is to be able to acknowledge that there is a problem.

And by admitting that I do talk about friends at times, I accept the fact that they could talk about me too.

Nobody is more superior than anyone. And we cannot dictate what others can and cannot say about us.

No one is perfect. Somewhere I've come across this, "...Wear your scar as your jewelries..." And when you are able to accept your shortfalls, mistakes and past, only then you will be able to walk with confidence.

Why crawl into a hole just to avoid making mistakes and risking others talk about you? Why give up the freedom just so you have a clean image?

Everyone has its own secrets and past. It is with this profile, that you could use it to your advantage to find out what others are hiding.

Yes, life is like that. Life is about finding out others weakness and realizing that everyone is in the same boat. "Change" is just an excuse to justified our and others' action.

But deep down, we all know that we are like that...

Anonymous said...

well said!

Now all I need is courage to stand for myself