And the countdown begins!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

A love story.

How do you talk sense into a friend who is absolutely blinded by love and can no longer tell what is right from wrong?

I am a very practical person. Logic and science makes more sense to be me than feelings and intuition. If logic points to a decision, I will make that decision despite the fact that my heart tells me another way. I am also a person who could sway both ways. I could agree and disagree with something. I can see both the good ad bad side of things. The downfall is sometimes, the information overload confused me and I can no longer see what is right and wrong.

That’s why Pancake tells me that I am task oriented and I don’t think out of the box and Stonehead says I’m like… no, I can’t say that here. Its demeaning and humiliating even for you to read it. I’ve lost respect to him for that.

Well anyway, I’d like to think a good boss will make full use of the employee’s skills instead of forcing them to become what they are not. Forget about the “its for your own good, for your development, etc”. I’ve heard it often enough until it makes no value anymore. The words are just to decorate the hardship you will face. Talk about brainwashing. Stonehead is good at that. But I’ve grown immune to it.

Anyway, back to my friend’s problem. I think his is a classic case of unreciprocated love from another person. The girl is very playful and she got bored with him. She thinks that he is too clingy. Tragedy strikes and my friend thought she needed a shoulder to cry on. However, his action was unappreciated and certainly unwelcome. The more he tried to be a friend, the more the girl avoided him, loathing his constant effort for contact and confusing his offer for support as clingy.

He was baffled by the girl’s lack of interest as he only wants be friends. After all, if they cannot be lovers, they could still be friends right? She means a lot to him and even though he knows she will never be his, he just wants her to be happy and at least still be friends.

He begged me to talk to this girl. To let her know that he cares. All he wanted is to be on talking terms and not to be seen as a nuisance. But what he didn’t know was that the girl and me used to be very close too. He forgot that our friendship dates back years before he got to know her. He didn’t realize that it’s just a game that the two girls play just to entertain themselves. Then one day, we both realized we went too far. Someone will get hurt and it’s too late to amend. We both regretted our decisions and are too ashamed to face each other. Since then, we drifted apart and became distant.

But he, he didn’t know all this. He didn’t understand the circumstances that we became distant. I was very embarrassed by the whole incident and felt guilty towards him. The girl, on the other hand, was trying to avoid him as she knew that he deserve much more than how she treated him.

But he didn’t understand. The more he tries to get closer, the more she retaliates, and the more frustrating I feel. Both persons are my friends. Both of them were at one time, talking to me, complaining about each other, saying things that the other person cannot know. Since then, I made a choice. I made a choice to maintain transparent communication. I feel that I know too much and that the more I know, the longer this will drag on. I choose to talk to only him, to keep me sane.

Since I stopped talking to her, things were a lot better. Well, yes, my friend still laments about her cold shoulder, but at least I only hear one side of the story and I am able to sympathies with him. He still hopes for her friendship and wants me to help, but for his sake, I refused to talk to the girl to explain his side of story. I knew what went wrong and I don’t want to make it worst. It may sound cruel, but it is for the best.

I’m sorry.

P/S: Do you believe in messing with people's mind? Do you believe that his story existed?

No comments: