And the countdown begins!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Phone Call

On 25th January 2008 at 5:52pm, I received a long awaited phone call…

Me: Hello:
Him: Hi, can I speak to Agnes please?
Me: Yep. Who is this?
Him: Hi Agnes. I’m XXX calling from XXX Insurance Company.
Me (rolling eyes thinking its yet another sales call): Yes.
Him: You attended an interview with me some time back.
Me (heart skipped a beat): Ah yes. How are you?
Him: Good. Are you still with XXX?
Me: Yes. I am still with XXX. (paused). Until February.
Him: What happens after that?
Me: (breathed in) My partner and I has just gotten a working holiday visa in UK and we’ll be flying over in March.
Him: I see. I’m actually calling to offer you employment. You see, the position is still vacant and has never been filled in.
Me: I’m sorry. I wont be able to take up the offer then.
Him: I see.
Me: I was looking forward to your call actually back then . And since its been some time back, I thought you have found the appropriate person.
Him: Alright then. All the best to you.
Me: Thank you. Hope you will find someone suitable as well.
Him: Thank you. Goodbye!

Me: Goodbye!

No comments: