And the countdown begins!

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Skeletons in the closet coming out to play...

Recent news about a school friend who committed suicide due to depression shocked me. When I heard of the news, there are so many questions to ask and yet it is too late.

I guess, every now and then, every one of us will feel down and the monsters and skeletons of our life will come out to haunt us.

And it is the ability to acknowledge them and politely ask them to go back to the closets is what helps us continue to live.

For those who continued to entertain these monsters and skeletons, they will eventually get comfortable and will refuse to go back; hence, they will be haunted with their presence.

I don’t believe in sending them away. Sending them away will only create an opportunity in which one day they will come back and we will be caught in surprise, totally unprepared.

Despite having to hide them, I am more comfortable keeping them in a dark cold place away from everyone, but a place that I know exactly where they are. Yes, once in a while they will be naughty and decides to come out to stretch their legs, but if you are nice to them, they will go back into hiding.

And everyday I live a life, reminded by the fact that they are hiding up there, and live day-by day, grateful that today is not the day that they come out to play.

Even if one fine day, when they do finally get bored and decides to come out of their hiding place for everyone to see and never to hide again, I live my life grateful for what it has been, as I could only hide them for so long.

For my life could have been far worst.

Or perhaps, pessimistically thinking, the worst has yet to come.

No comments: