And the countdown begins!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Money is not everything, but without money you're nothing!

When I was in primary school, I was given 20 cents as allowance everyday to spend. And everyday without fail, my mum will pack me two slices of bread (either with kaya or peanut butter) and put it in a clear plastic bag for me to take to school.

And everyday without fail, I'll throw it away. Because by the recess time, its soggy and I hate that. Because that, I've grown to hate bread.

But anyway, bread story aside, back to the allowance. So, everyday I'm given 20 cents to buy things to eat at school. And everyday I go to school, standing at the entrance, looking at all the food they were selling (my school canteen is fantastic, like a mini food court i tell you!), glanced at my 20 cent coin, and saw that what was standing between me and the food is the coin.

Lesson #1 Money very important.

So, i still remember, every Tuesday would be my favourite day, because that's when the canteen serves prawn mee, and my 20 cents will get me a small bowl (well that was years ago, and I AM getting old). Other than that, I couldnt afford anything else, because everything else cost more than 20 cents (see, I am not THAT old afterall).

So anyway, moving on, in Year 2 or Year 3, another distant cousin joined my school. And since I was older, I was told to jaga her.

Guess how much she got for allowance each day? RM2!

Yes, I shamelessly admit that at that time, each recess, I took her money to buy things for myself to eat. She also stupidly let me cause I'm older mah. But few days later, I got busted when she told her mum what happended.

Lesson #2 Never borrow money from anyone.

cont'...

No comments: