And the countdown begins!

Sunday, November 04, 2007

The Gardens, Mid Valley City

Who would have thought a day would come when I am lost in Midvalley???

Well, in this case, its The Gardens, Mid Valley City.

It all started when Ultimate calls me up to ask whether I'm coming to my last touch-up appointment for my eyebrow today afternoon. I've earlier booked an appointment with them at 1pm, but when I woke up at 1230pm, I decided that I'm too lazy to go. But they persisted, and called up me again around 150pm to ask whether I'm showing up. I sighed, and said that I'll be there at 4pm.

So, I dragged my sorry ass out from the couch to shower, dressed and drove off to Midvalley. Now, everyone knows that if you were to drive to Midvalley on a Sunday afternoon, you'll have to be prepared to spend at least half an hour in Midvalley LOOKING for a carpark spot. So, usually I'd go very early in the morning, say before 11am to secure a spot or I just dont go.

And so, with a sigh, I drove into its carpark and round and round I drove. I usually park around the same area, but knowing that it would be difficult to find parking space, I decided to venture out from my usual "spot" and turn off to another parking area. As expected, after a half and hour drive, I managed to find a parking spot. I went out of the car and for the first time thinking, "???, where is the entrance???"

I walked for a bit and found a escalator. "This place is new, I thought" and was soon greeted by an unfamiliar sight of the shopping mall. Soon enough I realized it was the new wing of the very much anticipated shopping mall next to MidValley. I really was taken aback because then I realized, "I havent been to MidValley this long meh?" I was quite lost for a few moments, not knowing whether which direction to go. One look up the posh building and its warm lightings gave me the impression that it was a high-end shopping mall and its too posh for me, and decided to find my way back to MidValley.

So, yeap, that was my brush with The Gardens. Sorry, I'm just cheap and do not see the point of buying a RM200 t-shirt to wear to mamak even though the material is so good to last me years and years to come. I cannot afford it :( Nevermind, once the Great Big Plan is in place, I'll be able to afford all these luxuries, I hope!

I mean, Wander if that place would turn out to be a similar version of Sg Wang & Lot 10? One cheap, the other expensive (yea, I know Lot 10 now drop standard already, but remember its status when it first opened?).

Yes, Coach bags are nice, but you certainly don't go there every month to pick up a bag do you? And if I'm rich and famous and SPECIAL, do I want to be there knowing that the ordinary and normal "civilians" are there SHARING the same carpark with me? Oh wait, they would probably be using Valet service.

Just talking crap, I know :P

No comments: