And the countdown begins!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Pendulum

Except for factors that we cannot control (such as miserable bosses), I am happy.

I am happy at how things are going. Of course there are ups and downs, but isnt that what life is all about?

We are humans afterall, and for those who says "I absolutely agree" to the statement "I am never envious of anyone", they are lying (it is a statement from a pychometric test).

Like I said many times, being perfect is a defect itself. The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side.

Someone told me recession is gonna hit 2008. And that throws my plan completely out of whack.

And I meet a nice stranger whom I exchanged number with. The first time I did that was years ago when she turned out to be a direct selling person who was just soliciting contacts. And I still remember being disappointed and that is when I lost hope at genuine friendship. Someone once told me, every friendship is a business opportunity. It saddens me. And makes me wander if this second encounter with this situation will be the same. I am sure to hear from her in the matter of days asking when to go out yamcha.

Why am I feeling so defensive and disappointed out of the sudden? That the sudden act of concern and care would have an interior motive? Or perhaps I am not used to this act of friendliness that I immediately brand it as something fishy?

I would be one to admit that I sucks at keeping in touch. And I hate it when friends who does make it look like I'm at wrong. I calls only once in a blue moon, and that also is because I'm probably around your area or I needed help for something. Yea, I know some of you may frown at my actions but at least I am being frank. And no lecture on how I should act like you please.

I'm turning 26 this year. Crap. But I am happier than ever. Yes, there are many uncertainties that still needs to be ironed out, but still, I keep reminding myself that I could be in situations worst that I could be in now. And that makes me grateful. That makes me appreciate what I have. That makes me thankful for how things works out. Screw those people who thinks highly of themselves and make the rest looks horrible just because the rest are not doing what they are doing.

But are they? Perhaps it is just me who keep thinking that the rest of the world is out to get me. To think that they are envious of me but in fact, I am the one envious of them. To think that I am happy but in fact I'm in denial.

I've read somewhere that people like me are like pendulum. We can think both sides of the story. But our minds sways from one extreme to the other so much so that it drives us crazy as we cannot decide which sides we are on. So, times like this I am on the "everything is alright" side. And I am sure by the time I hit the sack, I will be on the "everything is NOT alright" side. And when I'm awake and watching tv, I'll be back on my "everything is alright" side again.

Are there hope for people like me?

On a lighter note, I'm back home for three days after three weeks of work.

I need this. Badly.

No comments: