And the countdown begins!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sharksfin soup.

Just yesterday our local television network (yea-lah, I mana ada astro kat up there??) ran a feature on the killing of sharks for sharksfin soup.
Indeed, it was very informative as it shows that NOT ALL fishermen simply cut the fins off and threw the remaining of sharks back to sea to drown (Damn that National Geography show that started it all). In fact, most of them actually harvest the whole shark. Do u know that the teeth of the sharks are used to be sold as souvenirs, the meat is used to boil soup and to make salted fish and the backbone of the shark is dried and sold to make nutritious soup. J
So there, right at your face.
Obviously, I don’t think I eat enough sharksfin to render it extinct.
I’ve written about this in my friendster blog. I don’t have access to Friendster to link the entry here. Will do that other times.

A couple of days ago, I finally managed to catch bits of the Lion Dance Championship up here. I missed it last year cause I was working shifts back then. This year, I made it a point to try to watch. And so I did. Though I only manage to catch 2 performance :P Attached is a picture of the 2nd team that I watched. Noticed how the lion was balancing itself on wires? I was quite impressed. Unfortunately, this shot was taken just seconds it fell down 0_o
Aiks.
Didn’t manage to catch the finals cause its being held on Sunday 23rd from 10am-4pm. Guess who is working on Sunday 23rd 9am-5pm?

On a lighter note, I am having a day off tomorrow. Pray very hard that the weather would be good cause I am spending the day at the outdoor theme park!

No comments: