And the countdown begins!

Friday, May 09, 2008

Price of Happiness?

As I sit on the bed watching tv while absent mindedly trying to "clean up" my resume, my thought wanders to event today...

Just what was the objective was this trip anyway? Was it really for the money or for the experience?

What is £30 per week?

Would you give up RM30 each week in exchange for a better life? Fine, if you want to convert, would you give up RM160 each week for a better job? Would you give up your current job for something that you would probably (I say probably cause there is a risk factor, cause you'll never know) enjoy, for the price of RM160 each week? Equivalant to RM640 per month?

Ok, bad example I know.

I had been wanting to write down the list of pros and cons, it never works for me. Cause I know exactly what matters and I'm only entertaining doubts. I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but I'm only looking for justification. But do I really know what I want?

As usual, ask me the moment it happen and I'll tell you exactly what I want to do. Ask me again four hours later and my mind would be flooded with what ifs. And now, almost 12 hours later, my mind is changing. Or is it?

Just what is the price of happiness (if there is any?)

The problem is, I knew that my desire to leave is more than what was offered. It doesnt really matter WHAT is offered, as long as I can LEAVE. Hence, I really need help to take me out from the "attraction" of being able to leave what I have behind. I'm really not sure. I guess for what its worth, if its been of a sales nature, I wouldnt have been so tempted. Or would I?

See, I just cant make up my mind. I cannot decide which side I am. I keep getting confused, one minute I'm convinced that it is the right thing to do, the other minute I'm reminded of all the negative sides of it.

I guess I knew what I wanted to do. But I'm just taking my time, and remind myself not to jump into conclusion yet. I need to be absolutely sure of this. And perhaps, the weekend will clear up some issues.

Afterall, I have till Monday.

P/S: I really dont know how to present my resume. Coming from HR background, I'm caught suprised by the things that I thought I knew but in fact was frown upon in the culture here. Hmm...

No comments: