And the countdown begins!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

London = Money

I have a million and one things in my mind to say and yet there is absolutely no time for me to put it down.

When I was walking to work, or when I'm in the tube on the way to work, when I'm stuck at work wandering away, I have all these things that runs through my head that I wish I have the luxury to just type it down here.

And just when I finally found time, things just down flow as nice already. Oh well, I'll just try as much as I can.

Well, for starters, we just woke up and I'm typing away still in bed after 12 hours of sleep on a (very) lazy Sunday afternoon. I tell you, time just wheeze past by since we started work. A typical day on a weekday would be both Des and I waking up in the morning to go work together. Timing was such that it allows us to go work at the same time. And the bus and tube is on the same route too, though Des gets off much earlier and I still have to change another train before I arrived to mine.

But though the need to wake up at 7am every morning for work, something that I am so unwillingly do in KL, its ok here cause its already bright at 7am, hence my rule of waking up after the sun was good enough. And the fact that we're both leaving for work makes it even more bearable. And its work for both of us, and when its off work, we'll both arrive at the station together and get home for dinner.

Now, I know for a fact that this "bliss" will not last long. Des's MO has yet to reply, and he just receive news that his current job may not last as long as we thought. And without Des getting a permanent job, I'm stuck with this data entry job.

For as long as it will last, I know I will enjoy it. As I know for a fact that our lifestyle will never be like any normal couple. So, this is what its like to work in the weekdays together, and come back home together for dinner. So, this is what feels like to have the weekend together to relax and to do things together.

I know I am going to miss this.

How is London you may ask?

London is great, and you know what, Malaysia is a great place afterall. :)

There are many things that, like my friend put it, "you'll come to realize a lot of other things after staying here for a while". Its true afterall.

Without giving away too much, I'll say that our LRT is actually not that bad, and our Telekom provides good customer service. All those of you complaining how expensive it is to maintain a car, be grateful cause at least you OWN a car. If you just purchase your first home, you're even luckier.

Seriously.

Yes, certain things may be generally cheaper here, such as a trolley full of supermarket stuff would cost less than 50 pounds where else 10 items in our Giant would cost us RM80. Eating out in a post place would only be 30, where else it would easily be RM80-RM100.

One thing for sure, the lifestyle is different. Back home, we're some executives who earn good money for us to spend in such a way. Here, we're just struggling clerks who earns barely enough to cover our expenses. Kid you not, that's the reality check. It took me about 3 weeks to realized that though that I may be competent, I'll never be able to deliver that I did back home. Purely because of the way I speak.

Now, thats another story.

The point is, even though eating out only cost 30 pounds, it still is expensive cause we just dont have that kinda luxury anymore. And to think at at least back home we still own a car and house makes it all good, cause a lot of executives here wont be able to have that.

So, what's this argument about London being the most expensive place to stay?

That is also another long story which involves a short argument between me and my supervisor.

Oh, note to self, talk about rasicm too, next time. This is REALLY interesting.

OK, Des needs the laptop now. Update next time! :P

No comments: